Save your herb stalks from the bin! A delicious spicy green Yemeni sauce perfect for dressing salads, swirled through yoghurt, or as a marinade. Traditionally made with coriander leaf, this version just finely chops the stalks instead, to help them break down in the blender. Also delicious rubbed thoroughly through chunks of stale bread then baked to give you beautiful green croutons!
- 1 Bunch Coriander Stalks, finely chopped.
- 1-2 Jalapenos or Green Chillies, to taste
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2tsp Ground Cardamom (or the seeds from 2 split pods)
- 1tsp Ground Cumin
- 100ml Olive Oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or nutribullet and blend until uniformly chopped.
- Add your oil and lemon juice, then blend again until you have a coarse paste. If you'd like it a little looser, add more oil.
- Season to taste.